I know I've said Hello Before...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
OnlyAnEgg
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

I know I've said Hello Before...

Post by OnlyAnEgg »

...but, hello again :)

I haven't posted for a while cause of 17 other things needing my attention. I wanted to share something that happened today, though, as I sat in a nearby arboretum practicing several tunes on me Clarke.

I've been in the habit of finding secluded places in this tended massive tree garden; but, today, it looked like rain. I planted myself close to the parking are, yet still in the old forest...near a cabin, actually. I was playing Banish Misfortune and, around the corner of the cabin, came three young adults. 2 gents and a young lass. I assume some combination was a marriage of sorts as one young man carried a wee girl in his arms.

The gent carrying the girl said, 'We heard the flute and thought the forest was enchanted.' The little girl, maybe 2 years old, simply stared at me. I complimented her bonnet and started to play again when they brought out a camera and asked if they could take a picture. I was flattered and said yes.

As they were leaving, I just began to play another tune when the little one said 'Bye'.

It made me feel all gooey and enchanted inside
Helloooooo, Chieftans!

Helloooooo, Brak!
Bill Hennessy

Post by Bill Hennessy »

What a great experience. I hope for many more for you.

Peace,
Bill
keuka

Post by keuka »

A very nice story, thanks for sharing it with us. An experience that would make any of us "feel all gooey and enchanted inside". Have you noticed that most people don't know what a whistle is and think it's a flute?
Donal
OnlyAnEgg

Post by OnlyAnEgg »

Yes, I've noticed. I didn't bother to correct them. In fact, that's how I typically end up describing what I play to most folks when they don't get 'whistle' or 'Irish whistle': it's an end-blown flute is a description that the commoner usually can get their head around.
Helloooooo, Chieftans!

Helloooooo, Brak!