Bakelite source?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jonharl
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Bakelite source?

Post by jonharl »

Can anyone refer me to a source for Bakelite sheet goods. I'm looking for stock .25" thick.
Thanks,
Jon
RobBBQ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Drum maker and music enthusiast who also has a day job. Hoping to learn more about music and instruments on the forum!

Post by RobBBQ »

Dunno about bakelite for sure, but you can get most anything else (delrin might be a good substitute) as stock sheet or tubes or etc. through McMaster-Carr. www.mcmaster.com
Rob
Bretton
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Post by Bretton »

http://www.mcmaster.com/param/asp/psear ... c;128=2261

This looks fun! Any makers out there have diamond tools?

High-Alumina Ceramic: Use diamond tools to machine this nonporous ceramic. Temperature range is no rated minimum to 3100°F. Flexural strength is 52,000 psi. Dielectric strength is 220 volts/mil for all except substrate squares, which have a dielectric strength of 600 volts/mil. Density is .10 lbs./cu.in. Compressive strength is 300,000 psi.

-Brett
Norm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Bakelite source?

Post by Norm »

jonharl wrote:Can anyone refer me to a source for Bakelite sheet goods. I'm looking for stock .25" thick.
Thanks,
Jon
Hi Jon,
A place in Sacramento CA. called The Blue Coller Supply 4871-C Florin-
Perkins Rd. (916) 383-1442 has it. :wink:
Cheers
Norm
They sit and chat and laugh n' giggle, then someone starts a lick on a whistle and it's "Katie bar the door!"