20 mins of Low D whistle!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
fraserfifield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

20 mins of Low D whistle!

Post by fraserfifield »

I turned the camera onto myself playing on the Low D yesterday - here's hoping you like it!
https://youtu.be/TntDje0qaZ4
I saw a post below asking about lessons via Skype so just to say, I'm happy to meet up that way if anyone would like to, just drop me a wee message.
Best wishes to all whistlers!
Fraser
www.fraserfifield.com
pancelticpiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: 20 mins of Low D whistle!

Post by pancelticpiper »

Very cool! I know nothing about all that electronic stuff, it's amazing to me.

Two questions:

1) what make whistle?

2) are those pipes on the bench behind you?

I played around 20 minutes on my Goldie Low D last night, at a memorial service I pipe at annually.

I play pipes at the beginning and end.

In the middle, while they read the names of those who have passed, I play airs on the Low Whistle.

Due to airs having those long notes I really want the most air-efficient whistle I can find, which in my experience has been the Goldie.

I don't think about what I'm going to play, this year it was

The Coombe
Roisin Dubh
A Spailpin, a Ruin
Ar Eirinn ni Neosfainn Ce Hi

I had considered trying my Alba Bass A this year, it's lovely, but takes more air. I took the easy way!
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
flootoot
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by flootoot »

pancelticpiper wrote:Very cool! I know nothing about all that electronic stuff, it's amazing to me.

Two questions:

1) what make whistle?

2) are those pipes on the bench behind you?

I played around 20 minutes on my Goldie Low D last night, at a memorial service I pipe at annually.

I play pipes at the beginning and end.

In the middle, while they read the names of those who have passed, I play airs on the Low Whistle.

Due to airs having those long notes I really want the most air-efficient whistle I can find, which in my experience has been the Goldie.

I don't think about what I'm going to play, this year it was

The Coombe
Roisin Dubh
A Spailpin, a Ruin
Ar Eirinn ni Neosfainn Ce Hi

I had considered trying my Alba Bass A this year, it's lovely, but takes more air. I took the easy way!
That’s a great idea! We have a memorial service each year on All Saints’. I should play some airs while names are read.
fraserfifield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by fraserfifield »

Hi Richard, thanks, it's a Goldie d, same as yourself,and yes, Scottish border pipes you're seeing there.