Need a laugh?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ickabod
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Need a laugh?

Post by ickabod »

I just discovered this!! Be warned, it is a whole lotta stupid. But, it is funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaH4iz6psoU
Whistling... It's going to be HUUGE!!
BrianG

Re: Need a laugh?

Post by BrianG »

:lol:
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

ickabod wrote:But, it is funny.
Is it? :-?
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

In a sort of Jerry Lewis School of Comedy kind of way.

"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Brus

Post by Brus »

I suppose you like it if you're the sort of person who likes that sort of thing.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

So does he live in a camper shell, or what?

I did laugh, because I couldn't help think of all the times I've had to play that sh!te tune at weddings, having to have my face composed in a reverential way, while tears stream down the faces of the people in the pews.

How cool would it be for somebody to hire THAT guy to play that tune at their wedding, and for him to do it is exactly that way.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

pancelticpiper wrote:...I couldn't help think of all the times I've had to play that sh!te tune at weddings, having to have my face composed in a reverential way, while tears stream down the faces of the people in the pews.
Gag.
pancelticpiper wrote:How cool would it be for somebody to hire THAT guy to play that tune at their wedding, and for him to do it is exactly that way.
An alternative certainly not without its sympathisers. Both my brother and his bride being enthusiastic theater people, he wanted "Tragedy Tomorrow, Comedy Tonight" for the wedding recessional. Personally I thought it was brilliant, but of course someone had to play the cooler head and insist on at least a nod to upholding convention. Just can't have any fun with these things.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

Nanohedron wrote: Both my brother and his bride being enthusiastic theater people...
Being near Hollywood, I've played at a number of weddings over the years where everyone involved is in 'show business' and they're not like anything else.

Weddings with scripts. Where the 'wedding rehearsal' is an actual rehearsal, just like the ceremony was a TV show, or stage play. They work out their blocking, and everything.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
ickabod

Post by ickabod »

Peter Duggan wrote:
ickabod wrote:But, it is funny.
Is it? :-?
Did you catch this?
ickabod wrote:I just discovered this!! Be warned, it is a whole lotta stupid.
Should have been a red flag for ya if you have high comedy standards. Me, well I'm fairly liberal when it comes to finding a reason to laugh.
pancelticpiper wrote:I couldn't help think of all the times I've had to play that sh!te tune at weddings, having to have my face composed in a reverential way, while tears stream down the faces of the people in the pews.

How cool would it be for somebody to hire THAT guy to play that tune at their wedding, and for him to do it is exactly that way.
Richard, Maybe consider busting out the "technique" at one of those weddings yourself. Imagine, waiting untill the audience is right at there most sentimental and then you start with the err.. "technique". If you got that on a youtube video and shared it with everyone; you'd have viral comedy gold!!! He hee hee.. That would put me stitches for some time any way. I could really use a laugh like that! Probably wouldn't do well for you professionally though..
Whistling... It's going to be HUUGE!!