New CD "Chinese Music for Irish Whistle"

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
KCJiang
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

New CD "Chinese Music for Irish Whistle"

Post by KCJiang »

My new CD "Chinese Music for Irish Whistle" was released. Special thanks to Mr. Bill Stine, our respected C&F member. Bill spent lots of time to give me good advices and encouragement during the recording.

My CD description and audio samples link is:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/kcjiang3

You can buy CD and download mp3 files from cdbaby, itune, etc.

You also can directly buy CD from me, the price is $15.00 per CD but I don't charge shipping and handling fee. You can pay me by personal check or Paypal.

My e-mail address is: kcjmusic@yahoo.com

Please let me know if you have questions.

In the Album Notes section, there are brief descriptions for each song.

One of the 18 songs is my original song, here is the description of that song:

17. The Border (边界)
The Border is an original song I, KC Jiang wrote in 2009 when I read the news: “Nine illegal immigrants crossed the border from Mexico into United State and died in the Arizona desert inside a locked truck under the sun.” I was touched by this tragedy and wrote the poem The Border and the music.

The Border KC Jiang (江国城)

When I walk through the wind
When I walk through the desert
The border is thousand miles long
My home is hundred miles away
Tonight, I rest at the promise land

I am longing for
the shining stars in the sky
Only the wind blows
the haunting songs from the Indian flute
Tonight, I rest at the no name’s land

I am longing for
the light on the mountain top
Only thirsty and hunger are inside my heart, inside my soul
Tonight, I rest at the no man’s land

Let the wind pass away
Let the desert pass away
The border is hundred miles long
My home is thousand miles away
Tonight, I rest at the promise land

Thanks,
KC
thejoecole
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: New CD "Chinese Music for Irish Whistle"

Post by thejoecole »

Any chance on sheet music being made available? Having lived in Korea for six years while in the Army, I have a fondness for music from the Far East.

Beautiful music, will have to add this to my wish list for when I have some extra money.

:thumbsup:
Joe Gerardi

Post by Joe Gerardi »

Geez. It's just a little over a month away and you didn't record Xin Chun Le??? :D :D

Duibuqi. Only messing with you- I know it can't be played on the whistle. The previews sound zhen bang! I will get a copy and take to my good friend to play in her Chinese restaurant.

..Joe
Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
KCJiang

Post by KCJiang »

About the sheet music of those songs, some may have but may not easy to find. Chinese like to use simplified sheet music that is I am using. The notes are from 1 to 7. 1 is equal to C, 2 is equal to D and so on. For example:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star:

1 1 5 5 | 6 6 5 - |4 4 3 3 |2 2 1 - | 5 5 4 4 | 3 3 2 - |
5 5 4 4 | 3 3 2 - |1 1 5 5 |6 6 5 - | 4 4 3 3 | 2 2 1 - ||

Somthing likes this.

It is easy but it can affect our capability to read sheet music.
thejoecole

Post by thejoecole »

That's an interesting way of doing music notation. I learned something new today!
Joe Gerardi

Post by Joe Gerardi »

After listening to the samples, I bought the album to give to a friend that owns a Chinese restaurant. Yesterday she played it for the first time.

Every waitress that worked there (of the Chinese persuasion, that is!) came up to her and asked her what the new music was. They recognized all the tunes as classic Chinese melodies, but wanted to know if it was a flute playing the melodies. I had to explain what a whistle was several times.

It was indeed a hit: they put the CD on loop, and played it all day.

The music is wonderful: relaxing and melodic, it's just easy to listen too. I also applaud KC for the playing: the standard Chinese scale of Do-Ro-Mi-Sol-La, and the half-holing involved for the accidentals means the man knows his instrument.

This was a 15 bucks well spent.

Ganxie!

..Joe
Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

KC: You are aware that I sent a copy of your new CD to a friend of mine, whose wife is from Taiwan. I received a letter from them today. She said that she was amazed at how she remembered so many of the tunes, from her home country. She had not heard many of them, for a whole lot of years, and she truly enjoyed your fine arrangements.

Honored to be part of your project, my friend.

Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
KCJiang

Post by KCJiang »

Joe & Bill:

Thanks, I am glad your friends like the music, I believe they can sing the songs with the melodies. Irish whistle is an amazing music instrument, I am glad I am playing the Chinese music on Irish whistle.

KC