Airgead Realta whistle tour, any takers?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Airgead
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Airgead Realta whistle tour, any takers?

Post by Airgead »

So, I'm interested in setting up a tour for one of my whistles. I make various keys in both aluminum and copper...... but for now I think I'd like to start off with just an aluminum D. I really don't have any idea as to the number of people (or number to limit) I foresee as being on the tour. At this point in time, I'm really just hoping to get some feedback from other players as to the sound and playability. I've been at this venture for about a year and so far it's been rather fun, and also frustrating at times, getting along this learning process to finally a whistle I feel happy about and proud of. At the same time, I'm rather isolated here in southeast Alaska and don't know of any other whistle players around who can give me some feedback on my whistles, things they like, things they think I could change or make better. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get a list going.

Thanks,
Curtis Dashner
-Airgead Realta Whistles
Airgead

Re: Airgead Realta whistle tour, any takers?

Post by Airgead »

Hello everyone. I want to thank all who have responded so far as well as those who may yet respond in the future. I am quite surprised and overjoyed by how many folks have shown interest in just 48 hours of posting this! I've also received some very helpful feedback as to making this process as smooth as possible. I've made a decision to go ahead and start on Thursday, Jan. 10th with a set order for those who have signed on by that day. This is not necessarily a cut-off for anyone interested in being added on. I'm open to keep adding more on even as the tour goes on, within a reasonable number of participants. However, for the sake of being conventional and everyone involved having a sense of when they can expect the whistle..... there will be a set order and a general time table by Thursday when I send it out to the first person. I'm looking forward to the tour and hearing everybody's insight and suggestions on my whistles!

Cheers,
Curtis Dashner
-Airgead Realta Whistles-
Airgead

Post by Airgead »

Greetings once again! The whistle has been mailed and is on it's way out into the real world (and yes, I suppose I view Alaska as some sort of fantastical other world). There is still plenty of room for more destinations..... so if you are interested, just post a reply or send me a message! For those participating, please send me a message upon receiving the whistle. This way I can arrange to pre-pay postage to the next destination online as well as give the next participant a rough idea of when it will be on it's way to him or her. I also ask that you maintain my address as the return address on the box. To my memory, I've never sent a letter or package that has been returned. However, if this did happen for some reason or another on this tour..... I think it would only be fair that I deal with the inconvenience instead of any of you who are already graciously volunteering your time for this tour. And I most certainly appreciate and thank you for that! I look forward to hearing back from each of you.

Cheers,
Curtis
Airgead

Post by Airgead »

Hmmmm...... So I had been under the impression that I could pre-pay postage on usps.com, then all anyone else would have to do is print up a shipping label and leave it in their mailbox for the postman (or woman), to take away. Apparently, though, usps.com will not allow me to email the shipping label. For this idea that I had to work, I would have to allow others access to my usps account, which is not something I wish to do. I don't know if there is a solution to this, but if anyone has an idea I am certainly open to entertain any thoughts. In the meantime, I have come up with another idea for shipping between destinations on the tour. When you receive the whistle and message me, I can get the price quote from usps.com for shipping to the next destination and then make a payment to your paypal account for that amount. Does this sound okay to everyone?

Cheers,
Curtis
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Airgead wrote:I can get the price quote from usps.com for shipping to the next destination and then make a payment to your paypal account for that amount. Does this sound okay to everyone?
That's more than kind, Curtis. On most tours, each participant covers the shipping cost to the next destination.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

I think you may be being too nice. When I've taken part in tours in the past, I've been more than happy to pay the postage to the next destination myself. Wouldn't people do that? Or have I missed something?

[CROSS-POST]
Airgead

Post by Airgead »

I wasn't quite sure what the conventional etiquette was for tours..... as pertaining to shipping and such. I just figured I might as well cover shipping up front instead of possibly inconveniencing any persons on the tour who might have participated in another tour(s) in which shipping costs were paid by the whistle maker/tour host. Once again, I am completely isolated here in Juneau, Alaska and am relying a lot on insight from people on here with more experience than myself. So thank you benhall.1 and MTGuru for your feedback. Since I've already offered to cover shipping expenses on this tour, I think it would be unfair and unprofessional to rescind that offer. I will, however, consider your advice in the future. Thanks again!

Cheers,
Curtis
Airgead

Post by Airgead »

So, I sent the new whistle back to Pat last Thursday morning. Being in Alaska, even priority ans express mail can take a bit longer than usual..... plus post office employees apparently had the last few days off for the holiday. I was really hoping it would have gotten to Pat earlier, but usps.com is showing that it is finally out for delivery to his house today!!!