moonwalking bagpipes

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Hotblack
antispam: No

Re: moonwalking bagpipes

Post by Hotblack »

joemich wrote:Thats music????????????????????
No. It's from the Eurovision Song Contest which has absolutely NOTHING to do with music. It comes around every year and is best avoided or, as many people like to do, you hold a Eurovision party and take the p155 out of it all evening whilst making sarcastic comments about the music (or lack thereof), musical ability (or lack thereof) and taste in costume (or lack thereof) of the participants. The TV commentator is not immune to this either and regularly makes amusingly snide comments about the foreigners.

After the 'musical performances' comes the judging and points giving. Much fun can be had guessing which country will give their maximum points to which country. This is reasonably easy as they usually give top marks to their neighbours or, more often than not, those they wish to make political alliances with. It makes for quite a fun night after a few beers in a kitsch, tasteless, tacky sort of way. :D
Cheers

David

I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.
ytliek
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

well, we dress'em up here too... shoefoot88s
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

Hotblack wrote:After the 'musical performances' comes the judging and points giving. Much fun can be had guessing which country will give their maximum points to which country. This is reasonably easy as they usually give top marks to their neighbours or, more often than not, those they wish to make political alliances with. It makes for quite a fun night after a few beers in a kitsch, tasteless, tacky sort of way. :D
In figure skating they used to say that you got points more for what you did off the ice, than on the ice.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦